Pint-sized bomb sniffer

For the past two days I was happy to see this cute little pooch while he's "on duty" at the New World Hotel in Makati. Even coming from a stressful drive each morning, he was always able to make me smile, instantly lightening up my mood.

Photo837-001

His name is Aero (I suppose that's how it's spelled) and he's part of the hotel's K-9 unit, sniffing out bombs or whatever danger from people's bags at the command of his handler. Not just cute but he was also very affectionate, silently begging to be pet. I couldn't get over him!

Photo839

Aero reminds of yet another diminutive bomb-sniffer:

Photo323

Scooby of Makati Shangri-la! No offense to Aero but Scooby is cuter, but that's just me. The latter is more playful and less attentive to his handler's commands. I maybe drawing conclusions here but I think Aero is more disciplined (pinatulan daw ang mga aso!). Case in point: it was more difficult to get Scooby to stay put, resulting in many a blurred photo like this one:

Photo324

I'm amazed at these dogs, especially when I think of the huge burden on them of detecting danger - more so with their pint size. But not to worry, I believe they're well taken care of. Plus they work in shifts. In the afternoon, Aero is replaced by different dog, a much bigger black one. No sign at all that they're overworked.

But I still can't stop thinking of them. Fact is, I'm still smiling! I should stop. Now.

Comments

  1. awww... this is so cute! i love your animal posts! hahahaha! how's kwittieboy and foreman na? you should post a picture of their de-clawed paws. i keep wondering how that looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmn... never thought about photographing their paws after de-clawing. good idea. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler