Review: Felicia's Pastry Cafe and Steak Room, Bacolod City

When My Bibe and I were in Bacolod two weeks ago, she suggested Felicia's for dinner. Originally just a pastry cafe, Felicia's later added an adjacent steak room.

The steak room
The restaurant was cozy with ambient lighting. It's that type of resto with an air of formality to it (Read: table cloths). There's a curtained-off area at the rear where, I guess, small private functions can be held. More tables are available in a section right next to the pastry cafe.

rszDSC_9543adj
Maybe because it was Wednesday of holy week, but there weren't many diners around.

The steak
Service was quick although I don't know how it is if the place is full. I ordered their pepper steak (tenderloin cut) while My Bibe had a filet mignon. At around Php 600 for each dish, the cuts were unimpressive but at least they were really tender and cooked right according to our specification (medium well). So I was okay with it.

rszDSC_9527adj
Pepper steak.

rszDSC_9530adj
Filet mignon

The pastry cafe
The place was your typical cafe: cozy atmosphere, warm lighting, but noisy. The cakes and pastries were paraded in full view, creating an enticing display that appeals to the sweet tooth in you.

rszDSC_9554adj
The view of the cafe as you enter.

rszDSC_9550adj
rszDSC_9546adj
A visual treat of sweets!

The goodies
After much anticipation, sad to say the desserts (at least the ones I got) were underwhelming. I took a cue from a blog post I've read somewhere and ordered their choco caramel praline, essentially a mousse covered in chocolate and surrounded by praline bits, and their mint-flavored macaroons.

rszDSC_9555adj
Choco caramel praline.

While I was okay with the mousse, I really didn't get what she was raving about with the macaroons, except probably their size (about twice the ones at Bizu). The texture was definitely off and it was quite hard and dry. I could taste the mint, though.

rszDSC_9590adj
Mint macaroon.

************
For a place to dine, Felicia's is a respectable choice for me. Never mind the cuts of their steak; at least they're tasty and tender enough. The cafe, on the other hand, you can just skip. So much for the buzz but I guess I'll stick with Calea.

Most taxi drivers, I realized, aren't familiar with the place, so take note of the address before heading out.

Felicia's Pastry Cafe and Steak Room
6th Lacson Street, DOLL Building
Bacolod City
+6344336586

Comments

  1. Ohh!!

    delicious!

    Have a nice week! =)

    J. Héctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have so many yummy and delicious sweets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The interior is impeccable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diet Time!!!!!!!

    Please don't show me this delicatessem !

    Besos chipless by Dave V.
    www.chiplessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler