LOOKBOOK | A day for gray...and squeaky white shoes

halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 01

After my little foray into colorful outfits, here I am doing a full 180 with gray. But contrary to its association with dull, gloomy days, gray can also be interesting. For one it can serve as an ideal backdrop for some other colorful piece in your outfit, allowing that piece to shine while toning things down.

Another trick to keep gray interesting, be it an all-gray ensemble or a gray and white combo like my getup here, is patterns. My suit here, for instance, sports a rather subtle checkered pattern. It's understated enough that you'll probably won't notice it from afar but up close, that's where the appreciation begins.

halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 02
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 03
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 04

For this look I opted for a white shirt to go with the suit, a simple and fool-proof choice. A tie would have been perfect but like I've said many times in this blog, a suit and tie combination may be too "formal" for our workplace. This is why I almost always go for dressing down a suit. Even a double-breasted jacket goes casual in my case. And sometimes I end up a half-hearted dandy just for deciding against a bow or necktie.

On occasion I also wear sneakers whenever I go for a full-on suit, again just to dress it all down. But I believe this is the first time I'm wearing all-white sneakers with a suit. If my memory serves me right, I think I've never owned a pair of all-white sneaks, so this must be pure joy (Haha!).

Because I thought a white belt may be too much, I picked a black one instead. For accessory it's just a watch and a white hanky as a pocket square.

halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 05
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 06
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 07
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 08
halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 09

Now I only hope I don't spill anything on my shirt and shoes. I can be such a slob, too, you know. Anyhow, what do you think of this outfit, yea or nay?

halfwhiteboy gray suit and white sneakers 10

"Mr Gray" will see you now.
________________
Suit and shirt (Zara Man); belt (Merger); sneakers (Addidas Superstar).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler