LOOKBOOK | A black and white evening

halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 01

It was a black and white theme for our department Christmas party this year. It was also a leeway of sorts for some peeps who didn't want to go through the "hassle" of finding what to where because we were given the freedom to go either formal, casual, or whatever it is that we fancied as long as it's either all-black, all-white, or a black and white combo.

halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 02
halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 03

Black, of course, was probably the easiest route but I wanted to be other than my usual self for the occasion. I really wanted to go all-white but I just wasn't able to find the right statement jacket that I had in mind. So I ended up rummaging through my closet to put together this casual black and white ensemble.

Apart from the sneakers (obviously), this is very much a casual getup because for one, I'm not wearing a formal dress shirt. It's not even a proper business shirt. Second, the jacket is no tuxedo. With its stylized, long asymmetrical front, it's as informal as it can get.

halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 04
halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 05

Well, I did wear a bow tie but I ditched the pocket square for something rather unexpected. I fitted a silver snake necklace inside the breast pocket, held in place by two safety pins so it doesn't fall off. I know, I'm a loud and proud Slytherin. Voldemort would be pleased.

halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 06
halfwhiteboy black and white outfit 07

Nothing in this outfit is new, so it was nice to be named one of three best dressed of the night. Funny that I wore the exact same jacket last year, down pat to using the same necklace in place of a pocket square, but won nothing. 2016 ain't so bad after all.
_______________
Shirt (Cotton On); jacket and pants (Zara Man); bow tie (Tieline); sneakers (Lacoste); necklace in place of pocket square (scored on eBay).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler